søndag 8. juli 2012

Huntington Gardens


So here's a blog post from April this year, from when my mum and my grandpa visited us in Irvine. 

If you're ever in the Los Angeles area, Huntington Gardens in Pasadena is a nice place to go. It is very beautiful and relaxing. Huntington is a collection of different gardens, such as the rose garden, the japanese garden, the chinese garden and the more exotic desert garden. There is also a library containing very old books, and an art gallery with some fancy paintings in it! It all used to be the home of Henry Huntington in the early 1900's. 
Ahh, the peace just comes to you in this magnificent place!
The crew for the day!
Beautiful pink roses in the Rose garden.
My mum had a good time in the gardens! There were roses in every color!
Pretty yellow rose. 
From the chinese garden, with it's café by some pretty lily ponds. 
There also was a rain forest garden inside, with some more humidity for the plants in there.
My grandpa enjoyed the parks as well. He is probably one of the world's most curious 80 year olds, and enjoys places like this very much! 
Especially when there are old historic items present, like this Gutenberg Bible from 1455, or the original Shakespeare manuscripts, or the anatomy book signed Andreas Vesalius. 
Especially fun to see the latter one for the doctor, and for the physical thereapist too! 
The day continued with a trip to the desert garden. I love there huge round cactuses! Funny plants. 
And in the lily ponds there were fancy fishes in strong colors! Allthoug, not a lot of water lillys. 

There were lots of birds around the park as well, like these Canadian geese with their family. Cute little chicks! 
The bamboo forest was explored before we headed home to Irvine. I have to say that if you are in LA, you should go to Huntington! It's really pretty and peaceful, and there are lot's of things to see! I'll be back with more stuff from California and LA soon. I have lot's of stuff lined up in here, I just haven't been inspired to blog lately. I also attended two weddings in the last week or so, and I think I might blog a little from that as well! 

Take care! 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar